Job: Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery - Courier Driver - Kansas City, MO
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Cardinal Health
- 1 Associate II, Warehouse Operations - Night Shift
- 2 Associate II, Warehouse Operations - Part Time Night Shift
- 3 Lead Coordinator, Merchandising (Independent Sales - Kansas City)
- 4 Courier Driver - Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery
- 5 Technician II, Nuclear Pharmacy
- 6 Courier Driver - Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery (Part-Time)
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Drivers
Job Description - Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery - Courier Driver - Kansas City, MO (13005256)
Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery - Courier Driver - Kansas City, MO
Job title: Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery – Kansas City, MO
Shift information: This position will average 15 hours per week. Candidates will likely work 2-3 days per week with shifts averaging 7-8 hours per day. Candidates must also be able to work weekends, holidays, and alternate shifts as needed.
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
This position is part of Cardinal Health’s Nuclear Pharmacy business within the Pharmaceutical Segment.
Cardinal Health's pharmaceutical segment operates the world's largest network of nuclear pharmacies and is expanding its positron emission tomography (PET) agent manufacturing capabilities. For over a quarter of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. This business is responsible for manufacturing, dispensing and delivering products that aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 150 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence. Because of this commitment, our customers and their patients benefit from the latest, safest, most efficient methods of dispensing radiopharmaceuticals.
Business Segment: Pharmaceutical Segment
Business Unit: Nuclear Pharmacy Services
Business Department: Operations
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Pharmacy Services & Delivery
What Pharmacy Services & Delivery contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for the prompt and accurate delivery and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and requirements of the assigned route. Prepares doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with the prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT).
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
* Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
* Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
* Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
* Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Accountabilities in this role
* This is a Non-CDL delivery position using company vehicles that are typically small to mid-size pick-up trucks or cars.
* Provides pharmacy delivery services by ensuring prompt and accurate distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and the requirements of the assigned route.
* Provides timely and accurate completion of deliveries to Cardinal Health customers while using the safest and most efficient delivery routes.
* Assists in packing doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
* Verifies accuracy of labeling on outgoing shipments.
* Prepares receipts for products delivered to Cardinal Health customers.
* Handles and disposes of waste and used materials in keeping with prescribed safety standards.
* Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and performs minor roadside repairs.
* Performs general pharmacy and facility clean up.
* Maintains accurate log books and vehicle inspection records.
* Trains newly hired Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery Drivers on safe driving procedures, routing, etc. when required.
* Performs any other duties as required to ensure a safe and efficient pharmacy operation.
* High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
* Strong customer service skills are required
* Valid driver's license and good driving record is required
* Ability to lift 55 pounds is required
* Prior delivery driving experience a plus
* Flexibility to work various shifts is required (including a rotating shift, weekends, holidays and on-call duties)
* Basic computer skills are preferred
: Missouri-Kansas City-Nucl Pharm #28
: Jun 24, 2013, 8:43:15 PM