Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Data Scientist shall support the Security Operations Center located in Kansas City, Missouri. The contractor requires a minimum of Secret clearance and no less than three years’ experience in data science and machine learning as it pertains to information security analysis. The contractor will assist the ISC in establishing data science and machine learning driven approaches to identifying possible security incidents inside the USDA enterprise. The contractor will also collaborate with other analysts and engineers to develop algorithmic models to meet analyst use cases. Based on the level of work the Government expects three dedicated individuals would be required to meet these criteria. These individuals would:
- Utilize data produced from the CDM toolsets to identify potential threats within the USDA
- Work with engineers to ensure large data sets and tools are being used effectively to support machine learning and data science analysis techniques.
- Develop algorithms and models based on analyst use cases for security log data
- Provide statistical analysis of log/incident data.
- Support ISC Hunt Team operations by leveraging innovative approaches to incident discovery.
- Assist in other areas of SOC operations as needed such as data trending, statistical analysis, incident investigation/mitigation, etc.
- Must have an active SECRET Security Clearance