Anvil International, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Engineer - Kansas City
at Anvil International, Inc.
Responsible for performing a variety of sales and business development functions generating revenue and market share via the sale of the company's engineered products and services. Sales efforts will focus on the Kansas City area EPC's, OEM's or other similar specifying firms with development potential for a broader scope to other domestic and international locations. Target markets include, but are not limited to, infrastructure for the Power, Oil and Gas, Chemical, Commercial Process and, to a lesser extent, DOD and Marine.
- Direct calling on EPC and OEM procurement personnel and engineers with initial focus in the greater Kansas City epicenter.
- Provide technical input and/or problem solving to customers on their piping support applications.
- Utilize all company engineering personnel and support staff as appropriate to assist in developing, growing and winning new contracts.
- Communicate with existing and potential customers providing technical information/support and the availability of products and services, maintaining a strong customer rapport.
- Develop sales forecasts.
- Develop project-based applications sales programs and strategies to attain company objectives and expected results.
- Review and analyze competitor’s services, products and pricing.
- Perform field market research to define growth markets and determine current and future market conditions.
- Generate call reports communicating key sales activities and developments to VP or other assigned Supervisor.
- Maintain an updated file on all future projects via HUBSPOT.
- Follow up on all quotations, relay feedback and support customers' requests to close the business.
- Select and participate in trade shows.
- Research industry changes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable antitrust regulations.
Scope Data/Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Travel (50%+) to maintain customer relationships and retain market share.
- Work extended hours as necessary.
- Required to perform the following actions: standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, and sitting. Majority of actions will be sitting.
- Division is targeting $100M as a growth initiative.
- Strong knowledge of the Power, Petro-Chemical/Industrial market and associated EPC and OEM customer bases.
- Resident nearby primary territory, Kansas City. Other locations possibly considered.
- Proficient with reading engineering drawings.
- Must be detail oriented and possess good written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of competitive products desired.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing and eager to travel; willingness to travel to the corporate office as may be required.
- Ability to work effectively each day from a home office when not traveling to the customer base.
- Ability to build both external customer relationships and solid working relationships with colleagues across a multitude of key functions in a cross-matrixed organization.
- Ability to proactively act as the primary force during the development of potential projects and bids.
- Ability to represent the "face of the business" to the customer in a professional manner.
- Ability to utilize creative problem solving as a way to "get to yes" and achieve development objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred; minimum of 6-10 years’ experience in Engineered Sales required.
- General understanding of pipe systems and metal stresses/piping support applications, as well as a general understanding of the methodology behind engineer's use of CAD software to develop piping and support models.
- General understanding of the mid-to-large scale project bidding process and the associated techniques used to "close the sale" on such opportunities.
- Familiarity with the application sales process, the development of personal relationships and the steps necessary to bring value to the customer base in an effort to sustain and grow those relationships.
- Familiarity with CRM software desirable.
- Familiarity with piping infrastructure, engineered piping supports, associated custom steel piping support fabrications, steel fabrications, etc. is highly desirable.