Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Designer in Kansas City, MO at The Bartech Group
Job DescriptionJob #: 196433
If you are an experienced Industrial Designer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an Industrial Designer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as an Industrial Designer will include:
- The candidate will be asked to collaborate design concepts, develop and detail components including prototypes, mock ups and set ups.
- Projects can include Trade show exhibit design, and Point of Purchase displays, and environmental retail featuring.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, art directors, and other team members to conceptualize the three-dimensional shape, format, and functional design of various 3D fixture and display components.
- Improve upon existing ideas or brainstorm an original design concept to meet a consumer and retailer need.
- Must possess knowledge of a wide array of materials, substrates, and product formats to preserve product cost while maintaining a superior standard of quality and aesthetic.
- Will use knowledge of ergonomics and human behavior to ideate new products that are technically accurate, functional, and aesthetically pleasing.
- In some cases, may need to help design mechanical functionality of product components.
- You may also be asked to apply 2D graphics to a display design or create sketches and presentation renderings.
As an Industrial Designer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience
- Strong design aesthetic
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident decision making
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Critical thinking skills
- Portfolio required
As an Industrial Designer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Industrial Designer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!