Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Manager/Director - Insurance
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
BKD’s National Insurance Services Practice currently ranks seventh as a provider of audit services to the insurance industry according to A.M. Best. The practice serves insurance companies, third-party administrators and related service companies with revenues ranging from $25 million to more than $3 billion. BKD’s Governing Board has identified the Insurance Services Practice as a strategic initiative as it sees extraordinary growth opportunities for providing services to insurance companies.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Manage all aspects of an audit engagement, including: planning, fieldwork, wrap-up and billing
- Work with team to identify engagement and operating problems and provide timely solutions and consultation directly to partners and senior management
- Research technical accounting issues
- Market professional services to companies, develop referral sources and assist with developing business for the team
- Identify opportunities for improvement on assigned engagements
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office suite—Word and Excel
- Excellent client relationship skills, time management and project management skills
- Minimum of five years of audit experience in public accounting required
- Knowledge and experience with audits within Insurance Services highly preferred
- Current CPA designation required
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting required
- Experience performing audits of internal controls over financial reporting preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Enjoys working with in a team environment that places an emphasize on client satisfaction
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.