Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Cargo Largo
Active Leader. We need a hands-on supervisor who wants to be where the action is - including jumping in occasionally as needed to recruit associates. Lead a solid team of five associates in a two-location operation. Ensure our associates receive appropriate recognition, compensation and a healthy working environment. Be empowered and supported by knowledgeable and friendly leadership team.
Dynamic Opportunity. Come join our flourishing, family-like, company. Our associates say they are SATISFIED working at Cargo Largo based on our most recent satisfaction survey. The associates state that they are proud to work for our company. Be key to keeping us on track with employee engagement.
Operations. You would report to our VP of Operations, who has 28 years of experience at Cargo Largo and is involved in most aspects of the company. You would team to lead and guide the company in all things HR.
Make a Difference. We’re privately owned, so you not only enforce policy, but help create and/or improve it. You get to determine, facilitate and/or execute appropriate training for our teams.
Staffing Challenge. Contribute to the bottom line by successfully leading our organization in Recruiting, Orientation, Onboarding and Retention during a period of record-low unemployment. Your efforts are supported by a company dedicated to a positive culture.
- Lead team of HR staff, which includes 2 HR Generalists, an HR Information Specialist, a Talent Acquisition Specialist and a part-time Recruiter, providing hands-on support as needed
- Assist Human Resources Business Partners in managing employee relations issues including performance improvements, counseling and investigations
- Educate, train and guide executives, managers and supervisors in best HR practices
- Develop and implement personnel policies, maintained in our Associate Handbook, to ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws
- Enrich company’s people development, recruiting, onboarding, retention and training
- Oversee the administration of employee benefit programs, e.g., medical, retirement, work comp, FMLA and wellness programs
- 5 years of successful HR Management in companies of 100 employees
- Advanced knowledge of HR policies/procedures, e.g., FMLA, AA/EEO compliance, local employment laws, employee relations and workers compensation
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, or Human Resource certification (PHR/SHRM-CP)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Hands on experience with HRIS systems, e.g., UltiPro, ICIMS, Peoplesoft, Ascentis, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, investigation and conflict management skills
- Previous HR experience in a retail and/or warehouse environment (desired)
Strong Company: Cargo Largo is an industry leader in unclaimed and excess new inventory. We partner with a number of America's premier transportation and distribution companies to obtain one of the most diverse and extensive merchandise assortments in the world. Our unique business model provides competitively priced, quality items through retail, eBay, Amazon, and on-site auctions.
In the 2018 company overall satisfaction survey results, our 260 associates are truly positive…
- 93% are GLAD to be working at Cargo Largo;
- 95% believe their supervisor CARES about them; and
- 94% agree we have a GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Environment: Wages are competitive. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/disability/life insurance plus 401(k) with company match, and 15% shopping discount. We promote from within. Self-selected growth is encouraged by our unique Grow Plan process. Raises are based solely on merit – not one size fits all – and can be substantial and accelerated as merited. Dress is casual… and we like to have fun while we work.
Come join our dynamic, family-like company. The survey comments describe our culture well. “Small-town feel, but the moves and success of a big organization!” “Co-workers are committed to doing a good job and cooperate to get the work done.” “Supervisors respect and care about me.” “The dynamic nature of the company makes it one of the best places to work!” These are just a few of the 100s of positive comments received. Come see for yourself.
Cargo Largo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a drug-free work environment.
HR Manager, Sr. Generalist, Business Partner, HR Consultant, Human Resources, Human Resources Director, Employee Relations, Human Resources Management Consultant, Coordinator/Generalist, Human Resource, Human Resources Administrator