CR England, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accident Prevention Specialist
at CR England, inc.
- Job ID
- # Positions
At C.R. England, our most valuable asset is our people. Whether on the road, in our shops, or in our offices, our people make C.R. England a transportation industry leader. The diversity of our professionals drives us forward. We strongly believe each individual should have the support and opportunities they need to build a solid career. We provide. We live by the entrepreneurial and family spirit on which C.R. England was founded. We have opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
We are creating and executing company initiatives that will strengthen the safety culture while maintaining a proactive approach in the reduction of all types of accidents and incidents within the division.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 99 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S.
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture.
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
The Prevention Specialist is responsible for developing, leading and managing accident prevention and loss control programs as related to safety throughout the OTR division of the company.
- Effectively partner with Driver Managers in coaching their drivers on critical events. Assisting the DMs to manage their fleet from a prevention standpoint. Providing insights and materials for instruction and training of their drivers
- It will also be necessary to work directly with drivers on such critical events. Taking corrective action, providing training, placing holds, and routing drivers to our yards for safety reviews
- Lead efforts with the Driver Safety Profile (DSP) program in all forms; working with DMs and at times directly with drivers that have reached specific thresholds thus requiring intervention. Assigning proper training modules and/or evaluations and ensuring follow-up
- Assist drivers to understand how accidents and/or incidents may have occurred; ensuring that they have proper tools and resources to avoid future accidents
- Maintain cross functional communication and collaboration with other departments and high level of problem solving, multi-tasking and logic-based skills
- Ability to produce different types of reporting and identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborate with members from Standards and work with Premier and Partner schools on the accident prevention curriculum as well as the content for Orientation
- Execute weekly accident prevention meetings (or segments in operational meetings) via phone with driver fleets. Discuss pertinent prevention and avoidance related topics; always focusing on building a strong safety culture
- Participate in driver disqualification and termination when appropriate
- Plan and execute monthly Live Accident Avoidance meetings for all drivers within the assigned fleets
- Assist in leading the efforts with the Safety Ambassador program for OTR
- Must demonstrate a high quality of leadership, the ability to work well under pressure and handle oneself in escalated situations
- High degree of individual accountability and responsibility awareness
- Ability to work in a diverse and often times stressful environment
- Positive attitude, ability to inspire confidence in others and motivate
- Commitment to exceed service level expectations
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage time, to balance multiple priorities in order to accomplish goals
Must be willing and able to travel to different terminals, yards and operations
Education and Experience:
- College degree and/or industry experience is preferred but not required
- Transportation industry experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including MS Office; AS400, TMW & RM Client would be preferred
- Energetic, enthusiastic self-starter with excellent organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism when communicating with team and management.
- This job is highly demanding and requires patience and professionalism.
- Motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
- Very dependable and takes ownership of work processes
- Adaptable in a flexible environment.
- Assertive and competitive
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends and holidays as necessary
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- See well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed
- Speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 pounds