Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleMarketing and Events Coordinator
Job Description SummaryResponsible for strategizing, implementing, managing, and actively promoting all social activities and services for the tenants of a multi-building, Class A high office Campus in Overland Park, Kansas, including a planned full-service “Community Hub”. The Community Manager will cultivate deep relationships with tenants by spending time “out of the office” interacting with tenants and through other media platforms to understanding their needs, wants, and interests, to maximize tenant services and social programming offerings at the building.
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
• Be the “face” of building services and social activity and interaction
• Organize and execute relevant programming (groups, events, pop-up services, etc.) that will engage tenants and activate the building amenities
• Connect with the local community in the surrounding area to bring local services and interests to building tenants
• Update and push content on the Campus’ website and app
• Create content and interact on the Campus’ social media channels
• Manage various sub-contracted vendors and their staff that support the social community and service offerings of the building
• Ground up development and implementation of a tenant services platform in conjunction with on-site property management team and client
• Possess in-depth knowledge of, and develop and manage relationships with, local business and outside service providers in order to implement platform. Examples include dry cleaning, catering, ticketing and events, courier, travel options, car service, e-commerce platforms, etc.
• Negotiate contracts and other agreements with outside vendors and partners that support the social programming and provide other related services to the building
• Connect with the tenant population and promote the platform to get maximum participation
• Coordinate building-based special tenant events and promotional opportunities (e.g. holiday/seasonal events, book/career fairs, etc.)
• Coordinate and manage reservations of available building resources
• Act as liaison between customers, guests and property management and ownership
• Manage tracking of and billing of services, develop processes and implement tools to make services and payments accessible and easy for tenants
• Maintain/manage service offerings of tenant Community Hub, including snacks and light refreshments, gaming areas, media, storage, lockers, etc.
• Adapt to constantly changing situations and personalities, ensuring quality service to all customers
• Contribute to/participate in the property budgeting process and monthly operating review
• Learn and understand building operations and use of various property management systems
• Additional responsibilities related to property management may be required
• High school diploma or GED equivalent, four year degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience in high-end customer service environment, preferably in highly visible position such as Sales/Marketing, Events Management Concierge, Front Desk associate, or Guest Services Representative
• Ability to manage others, particularly outsourced service providers and partners
• Savvy computer skills including detailed scheduling and the ability to maneuver internet searches
• Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
• Excellent phone etiquette, as well as, strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work with others well, give and take direction and to interface with decision makers in a professional manner
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
• Must be a self-starter, inventive, entrepreneurial, capable of managing self and challenging self to excellence
• Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer
• May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Involves work such as conducting tours throughout the property/portfolio, usually performed by walking and/or climbing stairs
• Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspection of properties and sites
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com