Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, IT Help Desk
at Dine Equity
The Director of Help Desk Service will oversee all aspects of customer service including help desk intake, liaison with various departments, communication, resolution, management reporting and always maintaining a cordial relationship with customers . This position requires exceptional communication skills and attention to detail as well as mastery in building and maintaining strong positive relationships within the team and across the organization.
The help desk takes the call, initiates a trouble ticket, and either resolves the problem or triages the support request to technical support personnel. The Director is accountable for issue resolution on time.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership: Have a deep understanding of and experience in Transformational Leadership. Work with team to improve upon and create organizational processes and strategies. Lead the team in various technology choices based on company needs and direction.
Management: Maintain the project priorities for help desk support areas. Allocates resources across various tickets efficiently and ensures sudden spike in call volumes are appropriately handled. Ensures projects meet agreed upon deadlines and deliverables. Formulate SLA and ensure buy in and adherence. Day-to-day oversight of all User Services activities as well as manages ongoing projects and tasks. Ensure the necessary tools are available to onsite user support technicians for proactive and responsive services. Provide up-to-date system and process documentation and inventories. Manage all related vendor support contracts. When necessary, work in concert with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution. Provide periodic proactive updates, reports and metrics to IT leadership
Staffing: Responsible for hiring and managing all help desk desktop team members. Conduct regular reviews and ensures team maintains and upgrades technical skills.
Customer Liaison: Build and maintain strong relationships with franchisees and internal customer base to better assist them with their current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 8-10 years of IT experience with increased responsibility of IT roles
- 5-7 years of project leadership/management experience; experience managing IT Customer Service organizations.
- Well versed in Customer Service best practices
- Demonstrated ability to measure the success of Customer Service through metrics and tools
- Has worked in small/mid-sized IT groups fast-paced multi-tasking and multi-role efforts
- In-depth hands-on experience in the Microsoft Enterprise including both on-prem and hosted solutions.
- Microsoft 365 platform administration, web conferencing tools and ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries
- Focus on team member development
- Detailed understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical aspects in appropriate terms to the business units and the technical team
- Self-managed highly motivated and results-oriented
- Collaborative leadership style
- Skilled at managing priorities and meeting deadlines in a complex environment
- Experience in managing third-party vendor relationships