Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Representative
- Marlen International
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
We have an immediate opening for an A/P representative. If you're looking for a stable company with competitive pay and benefits, you'll want to apply.
The A/P representative is responsible for performing activities related to the accurate receiving, verifying, reconciling, processing, and payment of invoices to vendors and employees.
- Receives, verifies, matches, reconciles, resolves, process and vouchers A/P invoices in accounting system. This includes invoices related to PO purchases, non-PO expense purchases, and employee expense reports.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Ensures that expenses are processed to the appropriate expense accounts and manufacturing work orders.
- Resolve problems on PO invoices for quantity and price discrepancies.
- Pays vendor within terms agreed to by vendor. This includes pay certain vendors early to maximize the discount opportunities.
- Handles putting checks into envelopes and mailing payments to vendors via US Postal Service.
- Entering & posting wire payments.
- Processing & reconciliation vendor prepayments.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Process credit card statements.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing to system reports for accuracy.
- Completes required vendor credit request information forms.
- Handles vendor phones calls and follow-ups.
- Review vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- W-9 vendor maintenance and 1099 year-end preparation.
- Performs other basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable.
- Performs basic clerical duties associated with processing and collection of deposits from customers for payments on orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Protects organization value by keeping information confidential.
- Excellent computer skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Minimum two years accounts payable experience
The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time and use their hands and fingers in order to type on a keyboard, handle paperwork, file, and use the copier and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach. The noise level is quiet to moderate. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts and vehicles. Occasional travel may be required.
Recognized as a premium manufacturer of highly engineered food processing equipment and systems, Marlen International designs and builds solutions for the food processing industry. Our premiere brands, Marlen, Carruthers, Afoheat, and Unitherm, have long set the standard for quality and performance. Internationally recognized, Marlen builds innovative solutions in vacuum stuffing and pumping, portioning, size reduction, thermal processing, and food handling.
Marlen International has been trusted by the world's leading food brands for over 60 years. From Kansas City to Bangkok, our world-class Solution Centers allow processors to utilize our experienced food technologists to develop and test unique solutions for their products. Marlen International is a Duravant Company and is backed by SupportPro, a complete lifecycle management program for parts and service.