Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Engineer - Marlen
- Marlen International
- Kansas City, MO, USA
- Full Time
Marlen International is a leading manufacturer of food processing equipment with continuous growth. We are looking for an energetic engineer with a strong work ethic.
Performs the design and engineering functions necessary to maintain and improve the product line.
- Interact with the customer to fully understand their system requirements
- Prepare formal layout drawings for customer review and approval
- Develop CAD models representative of the customer order
- Create engineering drawings utilizing GD&T
- Transfer BOM data from CAD to the ERP system
- Provide frequent updates on project status and deliverables
- Follow project completion and delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
Sales Support: Interact with Sales and customers for project scope assistance.
Service Support: Provide assistance to service technicians and customers as required.
- Ability to perform the design and engineering functions necessary for all product lines
- Strong mechanical design comprehension and aptitude
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive solid modeling background with preference on Creo & Solidworks software
- Ability to use FEA software is a plus
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective management and reporting of project timelines
- Strong communication & documentation skills
Education and Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 4+ years relevant training / industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding of control systems necessary to communicate design intent
- PE is a plus
- Syteline (ERP) is a plus
- Microsoft project
Reports To: Production Engineering Manager
The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time and use their hands and fingers in order to use computer equipment, handle paperwork, use the telephone, and work on product-related components. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate but can be excessive in manufacturing and processing environments. Vision abilities required by this job include color and close vision. The employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts and vehicles.
Recognized as a premium manufacturer of highly engineered food processing equipment and systems, Marlen International designs and builds equipment to process meat, poultry, pet food, fish, vegetables, fruit, bakery goods, confectionaries, snacks, dairy goods and many other products. Sold under the brand names of Marlen, Carruthers, Afoheat and Unitherm, our products have long set the standard for quality and performance in vacuum stuffing and pumping, portioning, size reduction, thermal processing, and food handling.We assure value to our customers through the highest consistency, accuracy, and product integrity. Our teams of expert engineering, design and technical personnel act as industry consultants and process partners trusted by the world's leading food brands for over 60 years.