Gentiva Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Executive Director
at Gentiva Health Services
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As an Area Executive Director of Operations, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall operation for the specific market.
- Maintain full responsibility of the overall functions of the financial areas and cost controls, adheres to financial and accounting policies and procedures and manages expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Be responsible for ensuring the market is within budget and manages the profit and loss at each site level A/R and Bad Debt Expenses.
- Provide leadership to develop and maximize census growth and profitability in the assigned market.
- Interview, select and mentor Executive Directors. Work closely with Executive Directors on development of staff and positively motivates ED’s to achieve service and performance excellence in all areas of the program
- Work closely with Executive Directors and District Director of Business Development to build contractual relationships with hospitals, long-term care facilities, physicians, and third-party payers.
- RN License Required
- Bachelors Degree or the equivalent
- Minimum of five years healthcare operations experience with a strong focus on management with profit and loss responsibility
- Current or recent experience managing a minimum of 3M in healthcare revenue
- Previous homecare or hospice operations experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel
- Demonstrated history of sales and profit growth
- Knowledge of business management and a working knowledge of the Medicare Hospice Benefit preferred
- Understanding of hospice care and the services provided to patient/family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary team
- Outstanding leadership, managerial skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.