Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP Business Development & Managed Care
at Kindred at Home
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The AVP Business Development & Managed Care will drive company development, expansion and diversification of profitable national and regional contracted business solutions within the acute and post acute care continuum for home health services.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission, Vision and Values through both behavior and job researching organizations to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Collaborates with company clinical, operations and sales leadership to define target accounts
- Stays abreast of healthcare industry trends, changes and opportunities
- Prepares and delivers C- suite and executive level presentations. Develops contract proposals and obtains all necessary operations, legal and compliance approvals
- Maintains sales activities documentation in CRM as required
- Responds to business planning and sales reporting requirements as necessary
- Implements appropriate sales structure and prioritize key customer targets in accordance with sales plan
- Gathers/organizes information on targeted accounts for use in proposal/contract pricings. Forwards pricing related information to appropriate management staff to ensure consistency/profitability and tracks actual sales against account targets
- Drives pull through activity with the company at the field level for contracted entities
- Develop, with the line of business leadership, marketing plans to identify profitable prospects for managed care contracts, and strategies to maximize existing accounts’ market share/revenues and profits.
- Direct the review of existing contracts to determine opportunities to expand/renew contracts, reduce cost and improve or create accounts profitability.
- Direct the collection and analyses development of data/marketing intelligence to assess prospective accounts including business opportunities and account size.
- Assist in development and be responsible for implementation of Post Acute/Managed Care programs/partnerships/services. Analyze business opportunities presented by internal and external sources and determine feasibility of development.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, a health related science (e.g., nursing, pharmacy, etc.) or the equivalent.
- Minimum of five years health care and related industry sales experience including three years in a supervisory role generally required.
- Thorough knowledge of sales/marketing techniques, pricing/analyses and product differentiation techniques.
- Extensive experience in consultative sales to senior management of large post acute organizations, especially managed care companies and ACO’s.
- Expertise and knowledge of managed care and post acute care industry a must.
- Broad knowledge of the healthcare industry, specifically hospitals, skilled and assisted living, case management, home health and marketing/sales techniques required.
- Successful business to business sales and C-Suite selling experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, communication skills and computer literacy also required.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and to sales meetings as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: up to 50%.