Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Information Technology
- Minimum Clearance Level Required to Start
- Interim Secret
The Geocent family changes the world by creating unique technical to solve the nation’s most challenging problems. Come join Geocent to be a part of a positive culture as we strive towards Enabling Our Warfighters, Protecting the Homeland, Enabling Deep Space Exploration, Serving Our Veterans, Securing the Infrastructure, and Building the Cloud.
The selected candidate will perform assignments designed to develop professional working knowledge and abilities using standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and scientific techniques, procedures, and criteria. Design, implement, maintain, and improve instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems. Analyze test data and identifying, isolating, and resolving problems under the direction of senior staff. Assist in the preparation of reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing engineering data and trends. Confers with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Analyze system requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of system solutions.
- Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of system product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Evaluate new software/hardware products and technologies and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones.
- Develop Course of Action (COA) and Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) documents in support of ECPs.
- Ensure engineered solutions meet operational requirements.
- Validate licensing requirements annually during renewal process to ensure licensing reflects current and expected usage.
- Track and manage Class 1 ECPs through the Engineering Change Process.
- Provide Data Center Operations Support between Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) and MCEITS Operations Center (MOC) personnel.
- Serve as a liaison between vendors and MCEITS by arrange demonstrations of new technologies, coordination of workshops, and arranging necessary support with existing vendors.
- Use automation tools to improve processes and workflows.
- Must have or be able to obtain security clearance.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification or must obtain the certification within first 30 days of employment (i.e. CompTIA Security+ or Network+).
- Six (6) years’ experience in Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and/or Logistics support.
- Minimum of Three (3) years of USMC/DoD/Federal technical experience in systems validation, data center engineering, and/or network engineering.
- Experience working in Storage and Platforms Admins.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some travel may be required up to 5%
- Experience in configuration and setup of any of the following specific or alike:
- Networking (Brocade or Cisco)
- Storage (HPE 3PAR / NetApp) and Backup Administration (Veritas NetBackup)
- Virtualization (VMware vCloud Foundation)
- Platforms (Windows Server / Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- Database (Oracle or Microsoft SQL)
- Data Center Automation (SCCM, bash or PowerShell scripting, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible, vRealize Automation)