Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PC Support Specialist
at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
(Hiring for our Retail Outlet Center located at 1800 N. Corrington Kansas City, MO 64120)
Reporting to the Director of IT, the PC Support Specialist position is responsible for first-level support of network and server systems, as well as supporting all telephone and computer systems including hardware, software and peripherals, and providing necessary training to the user community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, text messages, pages and emails regarding microcomputer hardware or software problems or requests
- Conducting training of new employees in the use of telephone and computer systems
- Installing new computer equipment, phones and network components
- Performing analytical and administrative work in planning the installation of new and existing microprocessor-based computer hardware or software upgrades
- Assisting staff with day to day problems relating to phone, computer systems or applications/software
- Performing asset tracking for phones, peripherals and printers, maintaining up-to-date records
- Being on call during scheduled periods, to support retail technologies and point of sale systems
- Providing assigned first-level technical support for network or server
- Attending to the daily system backups and swapping backup media (including cloud storage)
- Adding or deleting users to the Active Directory and telephone system
- Reviewing viruses, system and software updates and patches, pushing from servers to microcomputers
- Recording and maintaining detailed listings of system and applications documentation
- Analyzing, troubleshooting or escalating problems that may occur within a microcomputer/network/server environment
- Performing job duties in a physically and ergonomically safe manner
- Safely lifting, moving and carrying PCs, monitors and peripheral equipment
- Sitting and viewing computer monitors for long periods of time
- All other duties assigned by the Director of IT
- The PC Support Specialist will be a proven leader with the following:
- Minimum of three years of experience in practical hardware and software support
- Minimum of three years of experience with Microsoft O/S ( such as Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10) and MS Office 2013 or higher
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN networks, Windows or SQL servers, Active directory, TCP/IP
- Experience with VoIP phone system and maintenance a plus
- High school diploma or GED required, degree and/or certification preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to make appropriate recommendations based on observations
- A valid license, current insurance and good driving record
- Ability to travel to outlying locations
- Outstanding internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Requires a valid license, good driving record and current insurance
- Capability to follow documented operation guides and industry best practice standards
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.