Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Floor Monitor
at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
- Regular Part-Time
- # of Openings
(Hiring for our Retail Outlet Center store Located at 1800 N Corrington Kansas City, MO 64120)
Reporting to the Director of Risk Management, with a dotted line responsibility to the Outlet Store Manager, the Sales Floor Monitor ensures the safety and security of people and assets at assigned location. This position assists in the overall success of the store and the store’s contribution to the bottom line in support of the mission, as well as assisting in the day to day store operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reducing financial losses due to loss of Agency funds and/or merchandise
- Reducing shrinkage within the assigned store due to employee and customer theft
- Reducing incidences of customer shoplifting
- Providing a continuous visual presence to employees, vendors, and customers in assigned locations
- Identifying high risk practices and reporting them to store management.
- Monitoring video surveillance as needed.
- Reporting safety and security deficiencies to store management and direct supervisor.
- Prevent internal and external theft by maintaining a visual presence on sales floor at all times.
- Communicate with store management and store personnel regarding security and safety concerns.
- Resolve conflict between customers and store personal in a professional manner.
- Consult with store management in determining when a customer is removed from the store or when law enforcement presence is necessary.
- Conduct receipt checks to determine if merchandise has been paid for.
- Conduct basic shoplifting investigations on customers under the direction of the Loss Prevention Director.
- Investigating customer and employee injuries and communicating as appropriate with Safety and Human Resources to ensure proper reporting and positive resolution of accidents.
- Providing consistent and accurate written reports of shoplifting incidents and accidents.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Risk Management
The Sales Floor Monitor will be a proven leader with the following:
- Confidence in their ability to perform as an hourly-level professional
- Strong work ethic, character and integrity
- Solid judgment and common sense in decision making
- Display a positive, supportive attitude to staff, vendors, and customers
- Recognize and avoid any conflict of interest with staff, product or customers
- Effective, appropriate and professional communication and demeanor
- Recognition of and adherence to a higher standard as a member of the loss prevention department
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work a minimum of 27 hours per week on weekends, days, evenings and accommodate a changing schedule.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provides funds that stays local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x300.