Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver Class A
at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
(Hiring for our Retail Outlet Center located at 1800 N. Corrington Kansas City, MO 64120)
Reporting to the Transportation Supervisor, the Truck Driver positons is responsible for transporting materials to and from locations within the assigned territory and assisting in loading and unloading trucks as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing daily pre-trip & post-trip inspections of vehicles, turning in corresponding paperwork
- Maintaining a current, valid Class A CDL license or Class E CDL license as required for position
- Maintaining a current DOT physical card as required
- Operating and maintaining the tractor-trailer in accordance with Federal and state DOT laws and traffic regulations
- Following DOT procedures relating to accidents, property damage, drug testing and loading/unloading
- Transporting materials between distribution center, Mission Support Center, and retail locations as required or directed
- Expediting the movement of materials for donation drives or special events
- Assisting in loading and unloading trailers as needed or requested
- Assuming accountability for the security of merchandise while in their possession
- Performing duties according to safety expectations and procedures
- Sharing responsibility for the safety and security of the tractors and trailers
- Communicating safety and maintenance issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- Maintaining a working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to safety and compliance under the DOT
- All other duties assigned by the Transportation Supervisor
The Truck Driver will be a proven leader with the following:
- 1 year of Class 8 and/or Class 6 as required for position driving in the immediate preceding 3 years
- High school diploma not required
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift and/or hand stacker
- Knowledge of DOT requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of safety and security issues surrounding the operation and maintenance of tractor-trailers
- Must possess a current Class A or E CDL license as required for position, insurance and good driving record
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen
- Ability to operate the vehicle safely in inclement weather
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x300.