Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Sales Specialist
To grow the sales of the High Performance Coatings and Foam business and support the sales team and channel partners, Graco is looking for a Field Technical Sales Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri and surrounding states (MO, KS, IA, MN, NE, SD, ND, WI, CO, Southern IL) to perform product demonstrations, start-ups, training and field service for distributors and end users in the region. This position will travel extensively in the territory, and has a great deal of independence and self-management, with opportunity for career advancement for individuals seeking a role in a sales organization. Travel outside of this region may be required from time to time.?
The High Performance Coatings and Foam business unit has product offerings in Protective Coating application equipment, Foam and Polyurea dispensing equipment, Surface Preparation and Vapor Abrasive Blasting equipment, and Mortar/Stucco application equipment. This position will concentrate most efforts on the Protective Coatings and Surface Prep/Blasting equipment, but will be involved with the entire product spectrum. For examples of the product lines, please visit the sites below:
Graco is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacturer of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016 and 2018.
- Train customers, distributors and end users in the proper set up, operation and maintenance of HPCF products and equipment.
- Assist Graco's area sales managers and channel partners by providing product demonstrations and work to close sales by following up with customers from the demonstration through the date of purchase
- Perform occasional field start-up, support and service work.
- Attend Demo Days and Trades Shows
- Support new distributors
- Handle customer service calls, generally related to field service work.
- Responsible for being current on new equipment and applicable technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Experience in any of the related industries which the equipment is used
- Good communication, presentation, and training skills
- Must be able to work independently and display sound decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to proactively manage a travel schedule maximizing customers exposure in the most effective, efficient and cost effective manner
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Valid driver’s license and be able to travel without notice (approximately 75% of the time)
- Two-year associate degree in a related field (electrical engineering, mechanical maintenance, etc)
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- In depth experience with Abrasive blasting, Protective Coating application equipment, or Paint spray application equipment
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!