Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- HNTB Job Title
- Project Designer
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
It's a great time to join HNTB! We are seeking candidates for a Project Designer to join our Kansas City, MO office.
Responsible for interpreting client goals and program requirements needed to establish design goals and parameters for small to medium sized project assignments, and be available to work under the supervision of a Sr. Project Designer on large projects. Serves as a resource to the project architect and project manager as the design is developed. Responsible for communication of design concepts to client and project teams.
- Provides interpretation of client’s goals and programs. Prepares design concepts consistent with client’s goals, budget and schedule.
- Works closely with the project architect and project manager in planning and implementing all work processes in consideration of budgets and schedules. Work includes preparing work plans, estimating hours to complete tasks, developing project reports, managing consultant team members (including coordination and incorporation of all work products) and reviewing invoices.
- May work in conjunction with Sr. Project Designer as a part of the design team on larger projects.
- Presents design concepts to clients and team members.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on architectural projects of small to medium size and assists on larger projects.
- Integrates quality control measures during all phases of design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years related experience
General Work Conditions
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.