Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Financial Accountant
- HNTB Job Title
- Sr Accountant
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join our team in Kansas City, MO.
Performs a wide variety of accounting and finance functions including the following: general ledger accounting, project accounting, payroll or related areas, accounting process improvements, control enhancements, and special projects.
- Researches and resolves a variety of internal and external inquiries regarding issues with Oracle, GL and financial statements and communicate resolutions back to appropriate individuals.
- Compiles, consolidates, and analyzes various accounting and finance information. Brings inconsistencies, problems and recommendations to the attention of the manager.
- Assists in weekly, monthly, and annual close processing; processes journal entries, general ledger/account analysis.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Anticipates process improvement opportunities and implement improvements and internal control enhancements as appropriate.
- Assists in other special projects (i.e., internal control, implementation, upgrades, and process improvements) that arise throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years related experience
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- CPA Strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Leadership skills.
General Work Conditions
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.