Hogan Preparatory Academy
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School SPED Teacher
at Hogan Preparatory Academy
Job Title: Classroom Teacher- SPED
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Exempt
Contract Days: Ten Months (Academic School Year)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan for and guide the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Implement useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
- Select and utilize effective instructional methods and learning materials
- Establish a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents/guardians
- Engage in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job-related knowledge and skill development
- Work collaboratively to achieve the overall purposes of the school program
- Regular and dependable attendance
Other duties as assigned
The classroom teacher will meet all qualifications and behavior standards as set by State of Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. In accordance with certification requirements and the performance expectations of the Hogan Preparatory Academy, all classroom teachers shall meet the following employment criteria:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A valid Missouri Teacher's Certificate (applicable level-area endorsements preferred)
- A completed credential file that meets Hogan Preparatory Academy standards
- Ability to pass an extensive background check
- Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience
- Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding staff and students
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Make knowledge accessible to ALL students
- Develop student’s cognitive capacity and respect for learning
- Foster students' self-esteem, motivation, and sense of civic responsibility
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from parents and students
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow internal procedures to ensure internal controls are properly maintained
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, administrators, staff, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents; skill in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Directors policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear, and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs. such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being, or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Hogan Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of the District programs are offered without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in compliance with the employment procedures.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)