Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
With offices around the globe, HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. HOK designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver spaces that inspire clients and communities.
Our growing team of architects, interior designers, planners and engineers make meaningful contributions to the cities, communities and campuses where they work.
HOK’s Kansas City studio has played an integral role in revitalizing downtown, designing more than 10 million sq. ft. of urban space that has helped transform the city. From workplace projects to mixed-use districts, our designers have the opportunity to work with creative clients and shape the environments where we work, live and play.
We are currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join our team. As a Landscape Architect, you will be responsible for working on and leading a full range of assignments in the delivery of all project phases and construction administration as well as scoping work and developing the project approach and work plans for support projects.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects.
- Develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to Firmwide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in managing client relationship.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assists in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and public presentations.
- Understands intra company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures HOK standards for project management are met.
- May mentor and direct the work of staff.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, GIS, Ecotect, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or architecture plus 5 to 10 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master’s degree in landscape architecture or urban design may also be required.
- Registration with current license required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.