Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at H&R Block
The Operator provides support in coordination with the Data Center Operations team to facilitate the completion of operational, physical capacity, physical security and media management tasks supporting all aspects of the Data Center environment.
The Operator scope of involvement typically includes trouble shooting one or more of the following: Networks and data communication, Telecommunication systems, Server and/or desktop systems, Storage and data management solutions, Application management and support, Data media libraries and software, Data Center facilities environmental equipment.
This position provides technical support and recommendations as needed to supplement Infrastructure Engineering, Software Engineering and Administrator functions. Provides support as required for technical support escalation, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
- Assure quality workmanship is performed by utilizing industry best practices and following H&R Block corporate standards and guidelines. Ensures accuracy and integrity of data, systems and facilities by maintaining adherence to policy and procedures.
- Perform and/or assist in swift fault isolation and rigorous problem resolution management by following prescribed troubleshooting practices.
- Support the execution of and reporting on backup and recovery services.
- Provide efficient and effective project assistance to the internal and external H&R Block user community.
- Provide input to security, contingency and system documentation of systems including diagrams, schema logical and physical layouts.
- Monitors systems performance and assists with network management in a heterogeneous computing environment, including CPU's from a variety of hardware manufacturers with multiple Operating Systems.
- Executes against prescribed Data Center Operations Team production workflows, procedures and processes.
- Investigates and ensures resolution of production processing problems for batch and on-line services, including applications.
- Assists in software package installs/upgrades and testing of software packages. Adheres to maintenance policies for third-party software media and ensures the media is stored according to procedures.
- Participates/assists in Disaster Recovery activities as required.
- Maintains and documents various master code file changes, appropriate logs and records ensuring accuracy and integrity.
- (AS400Requirement) Provides end user support for normal and special processing needs. Monitors various transmissions from field locations and other business partners. Supports field by troubleshooting line, modem and system problems as needed.
- (AS400Requirement) Provides end user support for normal and special processing needs. Monitors various transmissions from field locations and other business partners. Supports field by troubleshooting line, modem and system problems as needed. (AS400 Requirement) Ensures timeliness and accuracy of reports. Reviews/recommends enhancements and/or changes as needed. Monitors/maintains appropriate print queue management, both centralized and remote. Identifies and corrects problems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Good self-management skills including, organization, time management and prioritization
- Practical experience with process documentation tools and methods
- Ability to follow quality assurance techniques and protocols.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Three years’ experience in a position requiring IT technical problem solving skills.
- Analytical ability, including, capacity planning, operations methodology, and error detection and resolution techniques.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as customer service skills.
- Customer interface skills including problem solving, conflict resolution and team building.
Corporate Job Categories
One H&R Block Way