Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - Creative Studio
at H&R Block
Project Manager - Creative Studio
More than 3,000 pieces of creative go through our in-house creative studio team each year, and we need someone to help keep us on track. This team produces creative ranging from print campaigns, OOH and social media assets to environmental graphics, event support and branded merchandise. Our project manager will ensure projects are delivered on time, help manage expectations with multiple internal clients, and proactively monitor and manage project details. If you’re an experienced and solutions-driven creative/advertising project manager who lives and breathes organization, problem solving, and prioritization, we want to talk to you.
What you'll do...
Look for ways to improve our new in-house creative process and helps shape how our team runs. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- Establishing and practicing clear and consistent workflow implementation
- Advising on process modifications to better meet client and team needs
- Staying current on project management best practices and bringing solutions for our team to consider
For any project coming through the team, the project manager will:
- Create project schedule and use workflow management system to track assignments, decisions, and directions, keeping project status and information up to date
- Proactively provide project status updates
- Resolve scheduling conflicts, review and reprioritize milestones when necessary, and ensure changes are communicated to appropriate contacts
- Help assemble the best team to meet deliverables’ needs
- Communicate client, legal and other changes/feedback to the creative team
- Monitor all assignments and alert team of potential risks including team capacity, missing information, and other dependencies; advises on solutions
- Facilitate approvals and traffic final deliverables
- Manages overall advertising team and production budgets
- Leads daily creative review meeting, managing the agenda based on priority projects and creative deadlines
What you'll bring to the role...
- Ability to plan and execute tasks independently as well as part of a team
- Can effectively juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Is flexible and adaptable to change
- Skilled at taking charge of a problem/situation and creating calm out of chaos
- A solid understanding of ad agency and creative development processes
- History of managing small to large-size projects
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills—listens, talks, writes, and presents well and can interact with clients at various levels
- Can develop a proactive, friendly, trusted rapport with in-house clients, peers, and team members
- Well-versed in taking action to avoid and/or resolve conflict
It would be even better if you also had...
- 5+ years ad agency experience in project management, desired
- Full-service and integrated ad agency experience preferred
- Experience working within various project management systems (such as JIRA, Trello, Base Camp, and Workfront)
- Editing and proofreading skills desired, but not required
Corporate Job Categories
One H&R Block Way
About H&R Block...
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.