Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Financial Analyst
at H&R Block
Sr Financial Analyst
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
Initiates and implements complex financial analysis projects for management of various Strategic Business Units (SBU’s). Maintains and continually improves a Technology Business Management solution (Apptio) designed to position the IT team and other users with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of Technology services. Interacts with a broad cross section of internal groups, business units, and external business partners. May be assigned analysis of monthly financial results, the overall business planning process, general internal financial analysis of various business lines, developing financial models, assisting with Adaptive enhancements and/or developing performance metrics. Work with department leadership in identifying and analyzing process reengineering opportunities. Provides training and guidance to less experienced Financial Analysts and to field management teams.
What you’ll do…
- Work with Strategic Business Units (SBU’s) and/or Field Management to prepare, monitor, and analyze monthly reports. Conducts complex spreadsheet analysis and prepares various reports utilizing financial database systems.
- Assist IT management in developing key performance indicators and measuring and analyzing company performance against such metrics in Apptio.
- Identify save opportunities and efficiencies and track progress as part of TBM program.
- Execute various company-wide financial processes such as forecasting and business planning.
- Conduct the general internal financial analysis of various business lines. Build complex financial models that represent new products, services, or lines of business.
- Prepare and present financial presentations to a broad cross section of internal groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the role…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field –OR- equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience performing sophisticated financial analysis of businesses or business divisions.
- Experience providing leadership and direction related to financial analysis and planning.
- Working knowledge of financial and general accounting principles.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Ability to identify underlying causes of business issues and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to build consensus and interact effectively with all levels of the company.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet modeling and Microsoft software.
It would be even better if you had…
- Apptio software proficiency
- Understanding of Technology Business Management (TBM) Discipline
- Experience working with IT Financials and Info Technology teams
- Adaptive system proficiency
Corporate Job Categories
One H&R Block Way