Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training Developer - Seasonal
at H&R Block
Training Developer - Seasonal
H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Seasonal Training Developer. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria and free parking.
The Seasonal Training Developer designs and develops general and specific training, as well as researches delivery of timely, relevant and cost-effective training in accordance with program objectives. You will also ensure all requisite documentation is collected while monitoring training effectiveness and employee progress.
What’ll you’ll do…
- Design, develop, and deliver effective training courses and performance support materials in an adult learning environment. Normally the training would be at an intermediate level. Identify learning objectives for each course and ensure courses are aligned with business unit strategic objectives.
- Select appropriate instructional delivery methods and matches to intended learning objectives; may need to ask for advice from more senior level. Develop training materials for synchronous and asynchronous delivery methods.
- Conduct training needs assessments and job/task analysis to support ongoing development and improvement of training courses.
- Modify, create, implement, and maintain state of the art learning templates for use within development tools and instructional products for intermediate level training.
- Utilize templates to implement course evaluation methods and instruments. Utilize standard report results template to share training programs with business unit leaders.
- Facilitate training, and train-the-trainer sessions for all training courses developed.
- Participate in various management and operational meetings to better understand key business initiatives and develop training to support these initiatives.
- Deliver/facilitate training sessions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Educational Technology, or related field; or the equivalent through combination of education and work experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the design, development, and delivery of training programs of which 2 years is in a financial service or call center environment.
- Experience in course development, and/or instructional project management.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory, concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and learning styles.
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with associates throughout the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of business situations
- Prior use of a Windows-based computer system. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in industry leading eLearning authoring and development tools.
- Ability to evaluate and apply new and evolving Internet technologies
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or related discipline.
- Prefer at least 4 years’ experience in training and development in a corporate financial service or call center environment.
- Experience with multimedia authoring or development tools Instructional Design certification.
Corporate Job Categories
One H&R Block Way