Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Market Development Manager
at Johns Manville
Position FamilySales/Customer Svc/Tech Svcs
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Territory Market Development Manager to be based out of either Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; or Kansas City (MO or KS).
This field-based sales position will be partnered with an office-based account representative working to maximize JM sales potential of mechanical insulation portfolio of products within a specific geography. The geography included for this position is Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska and North and South Dakota, The position reports to the District Sales Manager.
Our mechanical insulation products are sold directly to distributors, wholesalers and contractors servicing commercial, industrial and residential construction markets. The Territory Market Development Manager (MDM) is a field sales role responsible for maintaining relationships with existing customers and creating JM product demand with downstream influencers such as owners, architects, engineers, contractors and code officials.
- Promote and implement JM value-added selling model to channel partners and end users within territory.
- Maintain relationships with key contractors in each major market and drive business growth at these accounts.
- Conduct strategic business reviews with major distributors.
- Develop and implement target account strategies.
- Gather and share market intelligence (pricing, competition) with Account Manager and Regional Sales Manager.
- Joint sales call & training with Distributor Sales Reps.
- 4 year college degree.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a combination of sales and/or marketing positions.
- 3+ years in B2B sales/ marketing
- Ability to travel 2-3 nights per week (company provided vehicle).
- Self motivation
- 3+ years of commercial construnction sales experience
- Commercial construction market exposure and knowledge of commercial construction practices.
- Key account management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to grow markets
- Value added selling skills
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated Prioritization / time management skills
- Must have consultative selling skills
- Demonstrated passion for results including a proven ability to compete
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated written and communication skills
- Ability to manage through influence.
- History of working with the specification community
- Technical aptitude
- Proven ability to make timely decisions
- History of building collaborative relationships
- Successful history of innovation & adaptability
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.