Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
Supervises Train Dispatchers and resources to ensure safe and expeditious movement of trains and other on-track equipment for an assigned territory. Coordinates Maintenance of Way curfews and Work Windows for minimal disruption of train movement.Supervises Train Dispatchers and resources to ensure safe and expeditious movement of trains and other on-track equipment for an assigned territory. Coordinates Maintenance of Way curfews and Work Windows for minimal disruption of train movement.
- Conducts operational testing of staff and coaches for improvement
- Manages scheduling of the Dispatch staff so that NOC (Network Operating Center) overtime is managed in a cost effective manner
- Coordinates movement with connecting carriers so crews and resources can be managed or shared
- Measures hours-of-service requirements and secures delays when necessary
- Ensures MCS system is updated with any exception data for train make-up or car scheduling
- Manages UP (Union Pacific) and BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) transit time on joint tracks to ensure benchmarks are achieved
- This job is required to pay monthly Union dues.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma - General Studies - GED - General Studies;
- 2year(s) - railroad experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years dispatch/NOC experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of GCOR (General Code of Operating Rules) and timetable special instructions
- Familiarity with terrain and physical characteristics of territory
- Knowledge of rail connections and operations
- Knowledge of labor contracts
- Shift work to include nights, weekends, and holidays
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.