Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
The Enterprise Architect aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding IT products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Enterprise Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates ideas, projects and opportunities to develop new products, new technologies and business models for the business segments
- Creates enterprise architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization
- Conducts analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement.
- Ensures solutions developed across the organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of IT architecture to effectively support business strategy. Applies and utilizes business modeling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the development of Enterprise Architecture framework development, tool suite utilization and design and methodology development.
- Partners with IT architecture members in developing an Enterprise Architecture framework that aligns with the business plan.
- Functions as a liaison to Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology.
- Leads the effort to work with business leaders to identify business capability needs and prioritization.
- Leads the effort to identify and document capability and initiative needs and strategic prioritization into EA deliverables (roadmaps, diagrams, recommendations, strategies, etc.)
- Provides architectural oversight of projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and enterprise architecture roadmap/framework.
- Leads Senior Management through the development of a business architecture plan for the line of business. Evaluates and presents information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings with recommendations.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience, including extensive/principal-level knowledge of Information Technology disciplines to include systems architecture, business analysis and IT project management
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification programs on Enterprise Architecture such as TOGAF
- Experience in Networking, Information Security or Storage Architecture solutions
- Experience with strategic planning and business process methodologies
- Master of Science or MBA
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.