Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Security Engineer I
at Kansas City Southern Railway
The incumbent in this position is responsible for analyzing/maintaining the information security environment and developing security measures to safeguard information and associated assets against unauthorized modification or destruction. Responsible for 24x7 availability of all security devices within the enterprise; works in a rotational oncall schedule. Works and responds to service requests and incident management tickets.
- Maintains enterprise security monitoring tools including administration and formation of firewall rules and policies.
- Serves as a point of contact and liaison for customer security issues, questions and major security events; and participates in enterprise security audits (internal and external).
- Keeps current on technology and trends to support IT security best practices; researches emerging issues and technologies.
- Tracks, generates and provides effective reporting for use by system administrators, business leadership and end-users.
- Monitors security event sources (audit logs and real time events generated by security applications and syslog servers) for potential malicious activities.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Information Systems or a related technical discipline
- Three (3) years of experience within IT, with at least 1 year focused on Security
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CEH, CISM, GSEC or Security+
- Firsthand knowledge of security with various operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac) and application environments.
- A working knowledge of AD, Exchange, DNS and Networking.
- Proven ability to learn and administer new security tools and methodologies as security and application needs change.
- Working knowledge of Incident Response and Root Cause Analysis procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong database and financial reporting tools experience preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills a must.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.