Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT PMO Sr. Project Manager
at Kansas City Southern Railway
As part of the IT Project Management Office (PMO), this position is responsible for the management of larger and more complex IT projects assigned, providing tactical management, administration and leadership throughout project teams.
- Initiates large, complex projects or multiple small projects following the defined project management methodology by the PMO, including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements/scope, developing project charters, project plans, budgets and schedules, determining resource requirements and forming cross-functional project teams.
- Follows project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress and create required project documentation.
- Oversee other project managers' activities involved in the projects assigned.
- Evaluate variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and manages changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and within time, cost and quality objectives as possible and keeps management and involved stockholders informed. Identifies areas of risk, monitors them throughout the project, and reports to involved stakeholders and higher management.
- Makes effective presentations to impacted project stakeholders, including business partners, IT areas and higher management during the project lifecycle.
- Evaluates and ensures project sponsor satisfaction at project completion.
- Coach and mentors other Project Managers on project management best practices and tools.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years project management experience with large, complex projects or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years project management experience with large, complex projects or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience managing IT project. Preferred experience managing IT Application Development projects and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.