Kansas City Southern Railway
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Southern Railway
Provides daily supervision of staff to perform cost effective repairs and maintenance resulting in safe track, right of way, and facility conditions for an assigned territory of significant scope.
- Schedules and supervises crews and inspects repairs when complete or designates individual to inspect;
- Oversees the operation of test cars and the remediation of defects found (Geometry, Ultra Sonic Rail Test, etc.). Oversee the operation of the Capital & Operating Expensed Equipment (Rail Grinder, Ballast Trains, Ballast Cleaner, etc.);
- Ensures FRA 213, FRA 214 and FRA 219 standards, testing, and inspection requirements are met. Meet with FRA as required to receive feedback regarding track conditions. Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. Ensures that DOT regulated drivers are in compliance with hours of service;
- Manages the bid process and supervises external contractors to project completion;
- Plans and meets budget targets for overtime, materials, equipment and tools, maintenance, contractor costs, and crew credit cards;
- Manage resources for daily activities and emergency responses. Coordinates with Dispatch and state and local agencies to schedule construction projects, maintenance work and/or track shut-downs. Coordinate with Production Gangs, Bridge, Signal, and work by other entities (State, County, City, State DOT and Public Utilities);
- Performs accident investigations to ensure a safe environment and prevent reoccurrence. - Participates with Transportation and Mechanical departments on the safety committee;
- Available 24 X 7 X 365;
- May work outdoors in inclement weather;
- Exemplify KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School Diploma - General Studies - GED - General Studies;
- 8 years railroad track experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FRA213 (track standards), FRA214 (safety) qualified, FRA 219 qualified.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.