L&T Technology Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at L&T Technology Services
Job Reference #: 12266
Job LocationsUS-MO-Kansas City
Posted Date1 month ago(5/6/2019 4:55 PM)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Sizing of safety valve, calculation reports (using spreadsheets, Aspen, Hysys etc.) and its presentation to client
- Sizing of safety valve inlet/outlet line sizing and its calculation report
- Sizing of flare network and its report using standard tools like Hysys, FlareNet etc.,
- Responsible for implementation and continual improvement of the site process safety, loss prevention and contractor safety.
- Provides technical expertise to operating units to help evaluate risks and cost-effectively resolve PS/PP issues, including recommendations from PHAs, audits and incident investigations.
- Will serve on PHA teams, facilitate LOPAs, develop procedures, lead/participate in incident investigations and safety training, interact with operations and maintenance and interface with external and internal regulatory bodies.
- Experience in HAZID/HAZOP/SIL/LOPA/Bow-Tie Analysis, PHSER/QRA/Dispersion Studies & act as Scribe when required
- Participate in onshore/offshore safety study workshops, Plot Plan reviews, Model reviews, HAZID / HAZOP / SIL / QRA, Escape, Evacuation, Rescue Analysis (EERA), Simultaneous Operations (SIMOPS), Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Alarm Management/Alarm Objective Analysis etc.
- Good knowledge on Local & International Safety Standards, Codes & Regulations (OISD, OSHA, API, NFPA, IEC, ANSI, EPA) and Best Engineering practices relevant to design safety
- Review Invitation to Bid (ITB), Execution of safety engineering documents/drawings
- Related Professional Membership
- Preparation of Design Safety & Loss Prevention Philosophies, Plans & Procedures for projects
- Preparation of Risk Assessment reports, Health Risk Assessment, Emergency Response Plan, MSDS, Passive Fire Protection Drawings, Fire & Explosion Index, Chemical Exposure Index, Escape Routes, Safety Equipment Layouts /PPE Specifications
- Graduation in B. Tech /MS in chemical engineering from reputed institute
- Over all experience of 10-15 years, min 5 years in engineering consultancy organization having exposure in oil and gas/refinery /petrochemical/specialty chemical/polymer projects
- Preparation and review of all kinds of process engineering deliverables like Process data sheet, PFD, Heat and Mass balance, Hydraulic calculations, P&ID, line list, instrument process datasheets,
- Process Software exposure like ASPEN, HTRI, AFT FATHOM/ARROW is an advantage.
- Relief scenario evaluation and Pressure safety valve sizing calculations/adequacy check experience must. Hands on experience on SuperChems software for PSV sizing is an added advantage
- Conducting Process Safety Audits.
- Facilitate and lead Process Hazard Analysis like HAZOP/HAZID/SIL
- Develop and implement Process Safety Concepts
- Provide training to Engineering, Operations and Maintenance personnel in Pressure Relief Systems Operations and Design.
- Support development of new Standards or Best Practices in Process Safety.
- Knowledge of PSM/ RMP requirements.
- Familiarity with Codes, standards, and RAGAGEPs in Process Safety.
Degrees in Chemical Engineering