Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Engineer Product
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Product Engineer to assume technical ownership of caliber specific product lines for Small Caliber Ammunition Manufacturing Value Streams at our Independence, MO facility (LCAAP).
The Product Engineering role will assume technical ownership of caliber specific product lines from subcomponent through final assembly and packaging within a particular value stream organization (VSO). This role will require working closely with Engineering, Operations personnel, and customers in order to lead improvement initiatives and to resolve product performance issues. This role will also entail maintaining technical relationships with both internal and external customers at Small Caliber Systems in Independence, MO.
Job duties/responsibilities will include:
• Tech Data Package (TDP) & Specification Reviews, Training & Deployment
• Facilitating process variance reduction initiatives
• In conjunction with the Chief Engineer, lead product performance studies for the purpose of development and execution of product improvement proposals
• Maintaining register of Key Characteristics and monitoring performance of those characteristics
• Coordination and/or execution of Cost of Quality (CoQ) reduction efforts and other assigned Projects
• Support supplier First Article/Product Qualification initiatives
• Support resolution of supplier quality issues
• Ballistics Acceptance Test monitoring.
• Mentor engineers in their specific areas of expertise
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in an Engineering Discipline with strong manufacturing & process control aptitude
• 10 years' work experience (or 5 years with Master's Degree) in manufacturing environments supporting and/or leading product improvement efforts with at least 5 years involved with ammunition manufacturing
• A proven record of employing data driven problem solving skills
• A desire and ability to multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.