Park Hill School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-20 ELL Teacher, English Landing Elementary
at Park Hill School District
- Missouri teacher certification with English as a Second Language endorsement.
- Master’s degree in elementary education, English as a Second Language, or Special Education, preferred
- Leadership and organizational qualities which include the ability to facilitate teams, communicate collaboratively, train and lead others, and coordinate data
- Working knowledge and understanding of language proficiency and English Learner development
SALARY: As stated in the Teacher’s Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Building administration
Note: This position receives program direction from the Director of Curriculum.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work days with benefits according to the negotiated agreement
The ELL Teacher provides specialized instruction for the purposes of developing the students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study in English and acquire the English language.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides evaluation and testing for non-English speaking and limited proficiency students.
- Provides instruction to each ESL/LEP student appropriate to his/her level as determined by informal and formal assessments.
- Maintains records for each student’s individual and academic instructional program.
- Facilitates frequent and effective home-school communication by coordinating: conferences; written communication; other meetings/events; and administrative support for interpreting, translations, etc.
- Provides referral to existing guidance and counseling as well as other support resources within the district where appropriate.
- Provides assessment for newly arriving non-English speaking students.
- Confers with classroom teachers regarding each student’s program.
- Participates in in service and teacher training provided by the district.
- Meets with program director or ESL supervisor at regular intervals.
- Assigns grades to ESL students and.
- Provides support and resource information to classroom teachers and the building intervention team
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
- Strive to improve professional competence
- Support the total school program by observing curricular and extra-curricular student activities
- Exhibit dependability and punctuality in assigned duties
- Display appropriate personal and professional traits that exhibit a positive role model for students
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Strive to achieve the objectives and expectations of the Teacher Performance Evaluation Plan
- Collaborate with Intervention Specialists and share pertinent information with building administration and intervention teams
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)