Park Hill School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-2020 Head Baker at Congress Middle School (6 hours a day, 9 months a year, eligible for benefits)
at Park Hill School District
The job of Head Baker is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at assigned location with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel; and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
This job reports to the Building Nutrition Services Manager
- Arranges food and beverage items for the purpose of serving them to students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor, for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items according to worksheet instruction and quantity recipe for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Reports equipment malfunctions for the purpose of notifying supervisor of need for repair and/or replacement.
- Responds to inquires of others (e.g. students, staff, the public, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding available food items and/or food service policies and practices.
- Serves one or more items of food for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks using existing skills. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: HACCP protocol, safety practices and procedures; quantify food preparation and handling; and sanitation practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: working as part of a team; and working with interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 55% walking, and 35% standing. The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Job Contact Information
Monday, March 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)