Park Hill School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bookkeeper - Park Hill High School
at Park Hill School District
The job of High School Bookkeeper is done for the purpose/s of providing support to department activities with specific responsibility for an array of fiscal services for student body and school site activities; conveying and updating fiscal information; and ensuring that fiscal practices are followed and disbursement of funds are within proper and legal guidelines.
This job reports to High School Principal.
- Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit.
- Collects funds from student events (e.g. ticket sales, yearbook purchases, Advancement Placement test fees, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and timely completion of transactions.
- Compiles financial information related to work assignments for the purpose of providing required documentation and/or processing information.
- Maintains financial records related to student activities and/or events (e.g. ticket sales, yearbooks, dances, fundraisers, club activities, student projects, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and availability of records and compliance with district policy and established regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. distributing purchase orders, scheduling, copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting departmental activities.
- Prepares written materials and electronic financial information (e.g. account status by club, activity ticket revenue, student fees; general funds, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference, conveying information, and complying with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Processes financial information (e.g. purchase orders, check requisitions, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
- Reconciles financial data for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and ensuring compliance with established accounting practices.
- Requests quotations from vendors, warehouse, and/or district office staff for the purpose of providing cost information, purchasing and securing items.
- Researches discrepancies of financial information and/or documentation (e.g. purchase orders, invoices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy and adhering to established procedures prior to processing.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding financial procedures for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment; performing standard bookkeeping; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and using pertinent software applications; analyzing budgets; collecting money.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: bookkeeping principles and practices; standard office machines, methods and practices of office operations; and basic computer applications; business telephone etiquette; codes/laws/rules/regulations/policies; concepts of grammar and punctuation; recordkeeping and record retention practices.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment.
Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: being attentive to detail; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working with frequent interruptions; and working with detailed information/data.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; monitoring budget expenditures. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 90% sitting, 5% walking, and 5% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)