Park Hill School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floater Custodian, full-time with benefits, evening shifts
at Park Hill School District
The job of Floater Custodian is done for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site; ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; and assisting in preparing facilities for classroom activities and campus events.
This job reports to the Head Custodian - School.
- Assists with site snow removal for the purpose of ensuring access and safety.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (e.g. hazardous materials training; asbestos training; fire extinguisher training, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, pools, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Informs students and other site personnel for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues and/or proper maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Monitors students and staff in and around work areas (e.g. halls, multipurpose rooms, lunch room, restrooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of preventing injuries and ensuring site safety; reporting issues to appropriate personnel.
- Performs summer maintenance (e.g. shampoo carpet, move furniture, etc.) for the purpose of completing and/or facilitating summer construction.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, students, parents, and/or visitors for the purpose of providing information, taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secures facilities and grounds (e.g. doors, gates, alarms, lights, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss and/or potential liability.
- Supports other site maintenance staff (e.g. grounds, trades, etc.) for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
- Understands and communicates, both verbally and in writing, using the English language to staff, students, and patrons of the district for the purposes of responding to requests for assistance and working with multiple methods of communication used throughout the district.
- Utilizes a computer for the purpose of reading and responding to email at least once a week, participating in online training, submitting work orders, and utilizing other computer-based systems deployed throughout the district.
- Performs other related duties as assigned (e.g. third shift work assignment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in industrial maintenance including electrical cleaning equipment, common tools, etc.; and adhering to safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods of industrial cleaning; basic computer operations, and safety practices and procedures.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing, and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions; available on-call; displaying mechanical aptitude; and working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 10% walking, and 85% standing. The job is performed both inside and outside under some temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Job Contact Information
Friday, May 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)