Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Groundskeeper- Property Maintenance
at Peak Living
- Gladstone, MO, USA
- Full Time
Peak Living is currently seeking a qualified Groundskeeper to join our team! Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Groundskeeper maintains all outdoor areas in a safe, attractive condition. Typical range of hours is based on the community needs and may require weekends and after-hour emergency services.
At Peak Living, our employees love where they work. We are a full-service real estate management company with communities across the United States. Peak Living is uniquely positioned for growth as it continues rapid expansion through acquisitions. We believe successful growth is best achieved by developing high quality teams and empowering them in their roles to boost property performance.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Must have a working knowledge of building maintenance. Able to work independently and have a willingness to learn. Must have good communication abilities.
- No formal training required, just a willingness to work and learn.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris, pet droppings from the grounds.
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments.
- Notify manager of any diseased, dying or dead landscape plantings.
- Be aware of chemical or fertilizing postings and signs.
- Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
- Detail property on regular basis. Use blower or sweeper to keep sidewalks, parking lots, and walking areas clear of leaves, grass and debris.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Clean and maintain pool and/or spa as directed.
- Repair and replace windows, screens, sliding glass doors, etc. Perform routine maintenance on the property as requested.
- Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed.
- Clean laundry room areas if housekeeping is gone for the day.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions.
- Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and stairwells as needed.
- Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc.
- Be aware of Peak Living goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention and ensure that you do your part towards meeting them.
- An associate in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following: various wrenches, grips, sledgehammer, hammer, snips, posthole diggers, saws, etc. as well as wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
Peak Living believes in a work life balance and offers our employees a generous paid time off policy. Peak Living also offers numerous medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision plans. Employees also become eligible for a match to their 401K contributions.