Raytown Quality Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Raytown Quality Schools
STEPS TO BECOME A RAYTOWN QUALITY SCHOOLS RAYFRIENDS VOLUNTEER:
- Apply to this RayFriends posting.
- Submit DSS Background Check Form and copy of Drivers License. The downloadable DSS form is located on the District website, under Community on the Volunteer Services page. The signed form and copy of your drivers license must be submitted "in-person" to the Raytown Quality Schools Central Office, Human Resources Department at 6608 Raytown Road, Raytown, MO 64133. These forms will be accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The background check process is expected to take 2 weeks to complete.
- Make sure to hit submit when you have completed the RayFriends application. You will receive an email confirming that your application has been received. The RayFriends application process is not complete until you have submitted a signed DSS form and a copy of your drivers license to the Raytown School District Central Office.
RayFriends Volunteers: RayFriends volunteers are those who will commit to a minimum of one hour per week in one of the following volunteer areas:
- Raytown Reader: Volunteer works on reading skills with one or two elementary school children using materials provided by the teacher.
- Terrific Tutor: Volunteer works with an individual student or a small group of students in a subject area selected by the teacher and volunteer.
- Homework Helper: Volunteer assists a student in grades 3-12 with organization and completion of assignments.
- Story Teller: Volunteer reads a book to a class or presents a story to a class. Materials are selected by the teacher and volunteer for grades K-3rd only.
- Mentor: Volunteer provides friendship, support and a listening ear for a student in grades 4-12.
*RayFriends volunteers must complete the online application process and submit personal information for a background check by providing a copy of their drivers license and the signed DSS Background Check Form (Steps 1, 2 and 3 above). The background check is no cost to the volunteer applicant.
*Volunteers are not covered by workers compensation.
RAYTOWN QUALITY SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION POLICY FOR VOLUNTEERS:
The Board of Education recognizes that community and parent volunteers make valuable contributions to the district’s schools and encourages volunteer participation in district programs. Further, parent and community involvement are essential components of high student achievement. The Board endorses a volunteer program and expects its professional staff to encourage and strengthen community and parent involvement in the schools.
The superintendent or designee will create appropriate procedures for attracting, screening and training community and parent volunteers. Volunteering in the district is a privilege, not a right. The district will conduct screening and criminal background checks before any volunteer is placed in a position where he or she will be left alone with a student. The district may decline the services of any volunteer for any legal reason. All information collected on volunteers will be considered confidential to the extent allowed by law and will only be used to protect the students or minimize disruption to the educational environment.
Although volunteers will provide support services, they are not substitutes for the professional building staff. Volunteers will work under the direction and supervision of district staff.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)