Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Industrial Maintenance Projects Trainee
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Day shift
- Skilled Labor
Bartlett Grain Company is seeking dedicated, hard-working individuals who are looking for a chance to prove they can learn new tasks, advance and take any and all responsibility for their safe work behavior and the safety of their coworkers. These tasks include, but are not limited to: installing, modifying and maintaining various equipment and machinery throughout our grain elevators.
Compensation and Benefits
Base Wage: $20.00/hr and up
Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability coverage paid 100% for employee
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Bartlett Grain, a Savage Company, is a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling and feed manufacturing. Family-owned and growth oriented, the company has facilities in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Mexico. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Candidates with the following backgrounds, often make great project technicians:
Maintenance, Electrician, Electrical, Fabrication, Carpenter, Welding, Millwright, Repairs, Install, Construction, Milling, Mechanic, Farm
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.
You will be required to travel to projects at Bartlett facilites throughout the Midwest.
- Perform your job tasks in a safe manner in compliance with Bartlett safety programs and procedures.
- Read blueprints and schematics drawings to determine work procedures, dismantle and/or assemble equipment and/or machinery according to layouts, plans and other drawings in an industrial setting.
- Assemble and install equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and pneumatic systems using hand and power tools.
- Construct foundations for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
- Move and position equipment and machinery using hoists, cranes, dollies, rollers and trucks.
- Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers and plumb bobs.
- Proficient in troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving equipment and machine problems.
- Required to repair and lubricate machinery and equipment. In addition to performing all duties of general laborer, skilled laborer, welder and possibly electrician.
- Effectively communicate tasks, directives and policies with workers at all levels within the organization.
- Be familiar with all operations, systems, policies and procedures including:
- weighing or measuring materials and products and using scales or other measuring instruments in order to verify specified tonnages
- manipulating controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment positions, speeds, timing, and material flows
- recording and tracking data such as weights, types, quantities, and storage locations of materials, as well as equipment performance problems and downtime
- cleaning, sterilizing, and maintaining equipment, machinery, and work stations, using hand tools, shovels, brooms, chemicals, hoses, and lubricants
- observing conveyor operations and monitor lights, dials, and gauges, in order to maintain specified operating levels and to detect equipment malfunctions.
- Take responsibility for your safe work behavior.
- Maintain your work areas and Bartlett facilities properly.
- Provide courteous and responsive customer service.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must have reliable transportation to be available for work 24/7.
- You must be geographically mobile to work at grain elevators throughout the Midwest.
- Experience with agriculture and farm equipment and mechanical aptitude is preferred.
- Skill and experience as an electrician, carpenter or fabricator is preferred
Physical Demands and Requirements
This job is physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time, and a successful candidate will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. This job may require the ability to ride a belt man lift and occasionally work at significant heights, with requisite balance and equilibrium without fear. The job requires the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job requires the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
This job requires wearing personal protective equipment, including hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisors.
It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. If it is necessary in this position to grad grain, the ability to identify and distingush colors is also important.
You also need the ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.