Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parts Recovery Specialist
at Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.
If you are looking for a career which offers advancement and growth opportunities, and not just another job, look no further. PICK-n-PULL is growing and we're looking for candidates like you!
Established in 1987, PICK-n-PULL is a self-service auto dismantling and recycling company, with 52 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and one of the largest recyclers of end-of-life vehicles in the industry. We are proud of the fact that we recycle more than 350,000 vehicles and service more than 5.4 million self-service customers each year. PICK-n-PULL is a division of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc., a Fortune 1000 Company founded in 1906. Schnitzer Steel Industries is a publicly traded company with revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
PICK-n-PULL offers upward mobility, performance pay increases, great benefits, and competitive compensation packages. Better than normal hours (close no later than 6pm), and great benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off that starts with your first paycheck, and paid company holidays.
General Position Summary:
Contribute to the production team processes to ensure productivity goals are met safely and efficiently, while conforming to company policies. Recover resalable parts from salvaged vehicles in a safe manner while satisfying environmental requirements. The primary function of this position is the removal and recovery of resalable auto parts.
- Able to identify automotive parts
- Ability to efficiently remove vehicle parts without damage
- Effectively utilize parts evaluation computer and software
- Upload Excel CSV files to the parts evaluation system
- Understand productivity as it related to the return on time investment for the revenue generated by the recovery of parts
- Manage parts inventories
- Prepare parts for shipment
- Audit and understand shipping manifests and billing invoices
- Oversee parts pulling process with minimal supervision
- Report progress to store and area leadership
- Work with vendor’s account managers to ensure invoicing disputes are rectified
- Work with loader/crusher operator to ensure engines/transmissions identified are recovered at the crush pad
- Review proper accounting of engines/transmissions prior to shipping to vendors
- Audit retail part return bins for resale availability
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the shift.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds are regularly required to perform routine functions.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions as described above.
Internal-Store employees, External-Store Customers, Recycling Vendors
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions, to include heat, cold, and rain.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
- Ability to wear and maintain all prescribed PPE and follow basic safety practices.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions including comprehension of basic safety messages and labels (waste oil, gasoline, flammable, etc.).
- Ability to complete basic safety, environmental, production, and code of conduct training.
- Able to work required hours which may include weekend and holidays.
- Ability to work efficiently in extreme weather conditions – rain, snow, hot sun, cold – for a full shift.
- Experience in automotive repair or dismantling.
- Experience with automotive parts and/or retail customers
- Experience with tools and machinery.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish.