SMG (Service Management Group)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Director
at SMG (Service Management Group)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
SMG is looking to add an experienced, top-performing Business Development Director to play an integral part in accelerating SMG’s growth through initiating, developing, and closing new client partnerships.
The Business Development Director-Healthcare, will support pipeline creation for assigned industries through effective outbound prospecting with a focus on generating qualified leads for sales discovery and conversion to pipeline. The role requires targeted research, calling and emailing to identify and qualify buyers in primarily healthcare, and other relevant industries. It also entails travel to relevant industry events to generate interest in SMG solutions.
This position acts as a CEO of their own vertical—knowing their industry target inside and out—and uses that drive to know more and do better. You should be a fierce competitor, but also a team player who recognizes and appreciates success in others.
- Have daily activity responsibility against individual lead qualification and discovery meeting setting goals.
- Collaborate with sales leaders to identify named accounts for outbound prospecting.
- Obtain business intelligence on target organizations utilizing various methods that include cold calling, warm lead follow-up and various research methods including third party data providers.
- Develop an understanding of the target organization's structure, buyers, pain points, key buying influences, program needs and timing, competitor incumbents and more.
- Initiate the sales process through cold outbound prospecting.
- Secure qualified discovery meetings for assigned industries and sales teams, handing off to VP Sales for opportunity development and closure with the objective of converting the opportunity to bookings.
- Document in CRM the details of qualified leads to clearly communicate client profile, buyers and current needs and timing.
- Maintain data integrity in the CRM through ongoing data cleanup, management and enrichment.
- Follow demand waterfall and lead lifecycle processes defined by Vice President of Strategic Operations.
- Conduct regular sales alignment meetings to review progress against named account strategies and tactics.
- Lead initial discovery conversations and present initial capabilities as required to qualify the opportunity
- Travel to relevant industry conferences and tradeshows to represent SMG
- Work closely with the Marketing team to create individualized campaigns such as ABM and on other support needed for outbound campaigns.
- Continue to grow and increase sales skills and knowledge of SMG offerings and assigned industries.
- 4-year degree in marketing, business or related field
- 4-7 years of business development or outside B2B sales experience, preferably at a technology company, with proven ability to deliver consistently strong and measurable results
- Accountability for sourcing pipeline and bookings (not just leads)
- Comfortable performing against a variable compensation model
- Strong and professional phone presence with willingness to make dozens of calls a day
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation systems to generate, capture, nurture, track and report on leads, conversions and ROI
- A collaborative team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills as well as presentation and software demo skills
- A customer-centric mindset (internal and external customers)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong listening, probing and influence skills
- Sense of urgency to complete assigned tasks against deadlines and goals
- Self-motivated, hardworking and committed to your own success
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Confident, creative, curious and high energy
- Truthful with accountability to mistakes or lagging performance