SMG (Service Management Group)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SMG (Service Management Group)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Who we want:
SMG is looking to add SVP-Sales, as a top-performing sales leader, to manage the sales funnel across all sales teams and lines of business – the proverbial “offensive coordinator” at SMG. This role will play an integral part in accelerating SMG’s growth by leading sales strategy and initiating new client partnerships. This position will drive new opportunity creation across SMG’s target verticals of retail, restaurant, healthcare and the service industry. You should be a fierce competitor, but also a team player who recognizes, encourages and appreciates success in others.
We are looking for more than a sales leader — we need a natural motivator, who is a tech-savvy, polished communicator, and an inspirational leader.
Visit https://www.smg.com/careers/marketing-sales to learn more about the Sales team at SMG.
What you can expect in this role:
Sales management: Leading the sales funnel across all sales verticals and lines of business. Mentoring and managing a team of sales professionals. Understanding our clients’ businesses and how our solutions can impact their long-term success.
Industry knowledge: Demonstrate awareness and understanding of buyer habits and market trends; know relevant stats inside and out and have a curious mindset to learn, grow, and be an expert on SMG’s solutions.
Cross-functional collaboration: Building relationships across the organization and strategically leverage those resources to help ensure the ongoing success of the sales team. Expanding customer relationship management tracking and reporting to ensure leadership team has visibility to business development activities.
Want to know more about what SMG does + how this position plays a part? Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/236463914
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive B2B sales experience will be critical for success; SaaS sales background is a definite plus.
- Record of accomplishment of achieving sales results and is proud of such accomplishments; able to verify historical performance.
- Ideal career track will consist of background as an individual sales/business development contributor from a service sector based professional services firm - preferably from organizations that routinely address “customer experience” issues, followed by multiple years as a VP of Sales responsible for business development and team leadership.
- Experience demonstrating technical capabilities via Web conference.
- A successful history developing relationships with multiple customer points of contact (e.g., CEOs, CMOs, Operations Directors, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates who possess verifiable senior-level contacts in the retail, restaurant, or grocery industries.
- A high preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the field of customer research (e.g., customer and employee satisfaction, client loyalty, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including CRM.
- Willingness to travel 20-25%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related discipline is required.
- Proactive, results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about business development and sales and embraces an attitude of personal accountability.
- A strong personal value system which includes high personal integrity, humility, and respect for others is essential.
- Exceptional work ethic; a person who derives energy from doing a good job; motivated to succeed and advance.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills - can rapidly connect with people – plus the ability to establish credibility among various external and internal constituencies, and a deep knowledge of the skills and practices necessary to inspire collaboration among diverse groups.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; superb stand-up and telephonic sales presentation abilities are required.
- Should possess initiative and creativity in achieving sales results within a competitive and complex industry.
- Must exude quality, professionalism, and respect for others and be able to operate as a service-oriented team player who is trustworthy and committed to excellence.
- Ability to project and maintain a calm work atmosphere while concurrently operating in a time and deadline-intensive, customer-driven environment.
- Entrepreneurial style is extremely important; someone who takes calculated risks, is nimble and quick, proactive, and who enjoys and appreciates a fast-paced environment.
- Must display a solid business acumen (e.g., a “quick study” with an outside-the-box mentality) that relies on good judgment and sound analysis.
- Must possess strategic planning and execution abilities to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency.
Visit www.smg.com/careers to learn more about SMG and what it’s like to work here.