Spring Venture Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Spring Venture Group
- Req No
- Information Technology
- Regular Full-Time
- US-MO-Kansas City
One of Kansas City’s fastest-growing companies is looking for a Data Wrangler to join its ranks. This position is brand new to our company; we are looking for someone who can come in with momentum and intention — ready to push our data and engineering teams to greater successes (meaning: you’re a self-motivated data nerd who loves analyzing and implementing new technologies).
Who we are:
Spring Venture Group is a cutting-edge, direct-to-consumer sales and technology company in the insurance space. Powered by our proprietary technologies that combine sophisticated marketing, prescriptive analytics, and sales execution, we help thousands of seniors across the nation navigate the complex world of Medicare every day.
To top it off, we also have an award-winning company culture designed around cultivating and rewarding innovation. Our tech teams emphasize maintaining a start-up culture and an AWS environment, where employees are continually tasked with exploring new and exciting ways to do business.
About this role:
We are looking for someone with a passion for growth — for themselves, their department, and their company. This position is responsible for ensuring the productivity of the data engineering group, through active innovation and collaboration. In this role, you will have the capacity to truly move the needle of success for SVG, working closely with the director of product delivery and the director of analytics support to implement real, company-wide change.
We proudly maintain developer autonomy in our engineering department. Employees are expected to be self-motivated and metric-driven; they’re encouraged to choose their own projects based on emerging trends and their deep understanding of business objectives. We need someone who can speak conceptually and then with very little direction, actualize and execute innovations.
If you are acutely attentive to detail and have a fierce desire to make a direct impact at an exciting, fast-moving tech company — we want to hear from you.
- Align/realign resources to projects based on current priorities
- Ensure data team has proper understanding of relevant KPIs and measures of success/failures
- Work alongside software engineers to develop Level-of-Effort metrics associated with new Projects/Epics added to backlog
- Ensure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Architecture principles balance the optimization delivery of business innovation, resilience, and cost
- Participate in strategic planning for product delivery department
- Develop and execute training and growth plans of data engineers
- Help resolve both technical and human resources issues
- Assist with development and implementation of quality improvement efforts
- Ensure proper project time tracking to capitalize project expenses
- Solve problems relative to software development responsibilities
- Work closely with analytics, data science, and analytics support to further ease of use and reliability of data
- Maintain an expert understanding of company data and its uses across end users and applications
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- 4+ years of experience working with one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python, or similar language, Unix/Linux systems
- 3+ years of experience with ETL and SQL
- Scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, including free Telemedicine (Employees are eligible for benefits after 28 days of employment at the beginning of the month)
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Employer paid short term and long term disability
- Employer paid Life insurance coverage
- Voluntary Life and ADD insurance coverage
- 15 PTO days
- 10 company paid Holidays per year
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO) up to 8 hours per year
- Paid Parental Leave up to 5 days per year
Spring Venture Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.