TAK Communications, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Telecommunications Field Supervisor
at TAK Communications, Inc.
Telecommunications Field Supervisor
Telecommunications Field Supervisor – Independence, MO
TAK Communications, Inc., a leading multi-state cable television installation firm, is seeking a full-time Telecommunications Field Supervisor in our Independence, MO office to add to our expanding team.
It is TAK Communications’ goal to double or triple in size within the next five years. As a result, we are seeking employees who have the knowledge, drive, determination to help lead us there. Come join our team in an exciting, fast-paced and people-oriented environment.
Why choose TAK Communications?
TAK Communications, Inc., is a premier sales and installation company representing leading telecommunications providers around the country. Here at TAK, we understand any company is only as good as its employees and our employees are the most important part of our company. Our employees are the most important part of our company. When becoming an employee at TAK Communications, Inc., you are part of a team that looks out for your best interests. Our leadership team is passionate about mentoring and setting our employees up for success! We are proud to say we have countless veteran employees that are making their career with TAK Communications, Inc.
If all of this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, come and join a company that really values people – our employees, our clients and all of the residential customers for whom we provide work. In addition to a great work environment, TAK offers the following:
- Competitive Wage
- In-depth and Ongoing Paid Training
- Paid weekly each Friday
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick & Vacation Pay
- Strong Supportive Structure – Mentors and Supervisors
- Company issued vehicle for Techs that you take home and gas card for fuel!
- iPhone, tools and test equipment for Techs when they start!
- Great Red Wing work boot program for all Techs!
- In most cases, routing begins from home
- A “Promote from Within” Culture/Mindset
- Great Management Opportunities
- Annual Leadership Summit to keep our leaders developing
- Plus, much more!
You will be responsible for all aspects of a significant piece of our overall business/installation technicians. Your responsibilities will include training, quality performance, productivity and daily management including tracking attendance and tardiness and addressing any disciplinary issues quickly and appropriately. We are looking to not only grow but to be the employer of choice when it comes to installation work in the area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensure tasks assigned to your installation team are fully completed in a timely manner with high-quality workmanship
• Oversee initial training of system technicians and provide ongoing coaching for high-levels of quality and productivity
• Display a strong knowledge of all technical aspects of cable television technology and installation equipment and procedures
• Reviewing at least 10% of all work completed by each technician on a monthly basis and coaching up any deficiencies
• Conducting one vehicle inspection per tech per month
• Completing employee performance reviews and any other needed paperwork (including initial and annual benefits enrollment) – on-time and as needed
• Assist warehouse in tracking and collecting all required client equipment from your team of technicians
• Exceed all client and company performance metrics for your team of 10-15 installation technicians
• Maintain and enforce company, federal and state rules and regulations including non-discriminatory practices, payroll and overtime guidelines, etc.
• Document appropriate employee disciplinary actions and administer as needed
• Maximize positive customer, client and vendor relationships
• Absolute commitment to the safety of each individual member of your team including adherence to all federal, state and company safety codes, rules and procedures
• Ensure that resources (i.e. Company vehicle, company, and client equipment, meters, PDA’s, etc) are secured and maintained in proper working order
• Be your team’s “expert” as it relates to tools and information designed to enhance business results (DRUM, EQA, TAK Share point, scorecards, etc.)
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 3-year Broadband Technician or equivalent work experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior management experience required
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code, Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and related state and local codes is helpful
- Professional demeanor
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background test and drug screen.
• Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
• Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work and travel in inclement weather
• Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of the equipment
• Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
• Ability to carry, climb, operate and work upon an extension ladder, (approximately 28 ft high and 75 pounds)
• Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position
• Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs in addition to an extension ladder)
• Ability to use hand tools in the manner for which they were intended including electric drills, hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers
• Ability to safely walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment including ladders and fully loaded tool belts
• Ability to work while standing 50 to 70% of the time
• Ability to work with small components and wire to make cable connections
TAK Communications, Inc. strives to hire, recruit and promote associates without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. TAK is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. TAK Communications will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.