The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Center Program Aide
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Childrens Ministry
- Regular Part-Time
The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Assist Community Center Director with the development of The Salvation Army Youth Ministries for grades 1-7. Assist with the planning, implementation, coordination, promotion, and evaluation of a balanced and comprehensive ministry of recreational, educational, spiritual, and social activities for children/teens.
The Salvation Army offers full-time employees a competitive and attractive benefits package, including: excellent medical/dental/vision coverage; prescription coverage; basic life and ADD; 403B, short-term disability; flexible spending account (FSA); 100% employer funded retirement pension and 13 days of paid leave in addition to vacation.
- Assist with the implementation of established Community Youth Center programs and developing new programs.
- Responsible for the daily use and care of community center facilities, furnishings, and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining records, preparing, and submitting reports as requested for the program.
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D, enrolled in grade 11 or above.
- Experience working with children and minority populations preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.Must have ability to work independently and with other staff members.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks is essential.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including a computer and computer software.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Certifications/Licenses: CPR/First Aid (Training Provided)
Must be able to physically perform duties of the Community Center Youth Outreach Worker position. The job includes sitting, walking, standing, stretching, reaching, climbing and lifting without assistance up to 40 pounds.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.