The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
Provide accounting services for select units to include receipting, disbursements, review, reporting and budgeting assistance.
• Process disbursements through accounting software
• Process receipting through accounting software
• Preparation and input of journal entries following established accounting procedures, maintain record keeping of all financial accounts
• Perform bank account reconciliations for non-assigned locations
• Review of ledgers associated with related funds and accounts
• Input of annual and revised corps/unit budgets into accounting software
• Prepare written reviews of the budgeted variances on a monthly and as needed basis
• Maintain records within established Salvation Army policies and procedures
• Effective communication skills. High level of accuracy.
• Superior math skills and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and two years’ experience or equivalent. Business administration and finance courses desirable. Courses in computer based accounting very helpful.
Two years in the accounting field, including computer utilization. Working knowledge of Word and Excel