The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker - Head Cook
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Food Services
- Regular Part-Time
Plans, prepares and serves meals and snacks in a variety of settings.
- Participates in preparation and administration of food service budget.
- Prepare menus/meal plans per schedule of events.
- Prepare/supervise the preparation and serving of meals.
- Requisition, inspect and maintains inventory of food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels, minimize spoilage and ensure standards of quality are met.
- Inspect kitchen and dining areas, kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met and licensing requirements are met.
- Prepare and maintain records and provide reports as requested.
- Schedule, train and supervise other kitchen help (employees, volunteers and community service personnel). Approve and submit payroll reports.
- Active participation in meetings and training related to maintenance of permits and licensing.
- Participate in management and staff meetings.
- Develop working relationships with local churches and other resources for volunteers.
- Report facility safety and security needs to management.
High School academic degree or equivalent
Minimum 2 years cooking experience in an instructional setting.
Ability to meet and maintain The Salvation Army Driver Qualification Program.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Willingness and ability to work irregular or extended hours.
Physical ability to work in warm and cold environments with extensive standing, bending, reaching and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Ability to read, interpet and follow nutritional communications, recipes and product labels.
Ability to work with figures and keep finanacial and utilization records.
Must be quality control conscious.
Ability to work effectively with people.
Maturity to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information concerning clients and business operations.
Ability to pass licensing medical requirements.