The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Service Providers
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Social Services
- Regular Part-Time
Serve as initial contact for individuals entering The Salvation Army Crossroads Family Shelter, providing direct assistance to residents working closely with staff and shelter director to assist program participants in fulfilling life-changing goals.
The position is part-time resident service provider and person must be available for Sat. and Sunday from 3p - 11p.
• Assist with the initial intake assessment and provide tour of shelter to new residents as assigned.
• Supervise and administer urine analysis and breathe analysis with adult residents as requested.
• Conduct shift room checks as requested.
• Answer phone and take messages as needed.
• Provides resources and referrals as requested to callers.
• Receive and inventory donations, as needed.
• Complete daily and monthly paperwork as assigned.
• Assist with maintaining list of community agencies providing aide and making referrals where appropriate.
• Assist case manager and social services director with shelter residents according to established schedules and guidelines.
• Enforce shelter policies and guidelines consistently.
• Keep social services director informed of maintenance and supplies needs.
• Actively promote community relations representing the mission of The Salvation Army.
• Assist with preparation and serving of dinner meal/snack as needed.
• Work as a team player with other staff accessing and responding to the needs of residents.
• Maintain appearance and safety of shelter according to shift list provided by social services director.
• Assist with fire drills and document all results.
• Attend all staff meetings as required.
• Attend in-service trainings.
• All other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer and Independence social services director.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Obtain a food handler’s permit
• Experience in social service field preferred.
• Good people skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, work with difficult situations and crisis situations with calm and Christian maturity.
• Must be able to physically perform duties of position. The job includes sitting, walking, standing, stretching/ reaching/climbing (maintaining pantry shelves), and lifting without assistance (bags 10-50 lbs.)
• Must have ability to work independently and with other staff members.
• Demonstrated ability to be non-judgmental in approach, allowing residents their right to self-determination, treating all with dignity and respect.
• Must have an interest and ability to work with people and clients of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
• Ability to solve complex problems, make appropriate judgments and decisions.
• Ability to speak and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, and families.
• Familiarity with The Salvation Army policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.